10 Habits For 2018
If we find something helpful in our lives, we share it with you. Here are 10 habits you'll be better for incorporating in 2018.
1. Ditch Fast Food & Soda - Come on. Just do it. Limit McDonald's and Coke as much as you possibly can this year. It's horrible for you. There's no way around it.
2. Drink Better Water - Ditch the tap water this year. Make spring water a priority.
3. Snack Healthier - No more junk food gas station stops. Keep a bag of assorted nuts, dark chocolate, and raisins handy on the go.
4. Keep a Positive Mindset - View each situation as an opportunity to learn and grow. You can't control what happens, but you can control how you react!
5. Journal - Write down how you're feeling and what you're thinking. Jot down goals for the day, the week, the month, the year. Date the entry. It's cool to know the time period when reflecting.
6. Stretch - Whether it's 10 minutes while you're watching Netflix or trying out a yoga class for the first time this year, make stretching a priority!
7. Read - Open a book this year. Give your eyes and brain some time away from all the screens: cell phones, laptops, TV, tablets. Curl up on the couch with a murder mystery. Relax in the grass under a tree with a science book.
8. Farmer's Market - The farmer's market can seem daunting. Try going at least once a month to start. Connect with the farmers. Understand where the food on your plate comes from. You are what you eat!
9. Add a Daily Herbal Tea - Go to your local health food store's tea selection. Grab some dandelion tea for a liver detox. Enjoy a peppermint tea to soothe digestion. Indulge in relaxing chamomile tea before bed.
10. Laugh & Enjoy Yourself - Don't take everything so serious! Allow yourself time to blow off steam. Get away from your to-do checklist. It's all about a balance. Hang out with people who bring out your goofy side.
Bonus: Add Variety - Get out of the habit of eating the same thing for every meal. Look up new recipes. Introduce a new vegetable or fruit into your diet each week. If you've never cooked artichoke, try! Try an asian pear instead of an apple. Add some fresh basil to your main dishes. Bake squash. Make energy balls with oats and coconut.